Monday, January 7, 2008

Sewing My Own Fitted Diapers

I was using Chinese prefold diapers and Bummis and Thirsties diaper covers on my son. I was also gradually buying several bumGenius one-size pocket diapers. My son outgrew the infant size of prefold so I bought the premium size Indian prefold. The Indian prefolds are softer than the Chinese and I like that. However, the premium size was enormous. There was so much extra fabric folded up in front that he barely fit in his car seat anymore.

I started relying more and more on the bumGenius pocket diapers, which I love, but they are a pretty expensive option for using all the time and I only had a few so I was washing all the time. I started looking at fitted diapers, but they are also too expensive to use all the time. Then I found some sites with patterns for making your own fitted diapers and I started making my own.

No comments: