Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Fabric

I found clearance fabric for $1 a yard, so I bought some 100% cotton fabrics. I found the softest ones I could that weren't knit b/c I thought I'd try something that wasn't as stretchy as the t-shirts. I'm also making my pattern with a little bit wider wings on the back so it will reach around further. I kind of wish I could use something other than velcro to keep it on b/c it's kind of expensive and a little stiff. Many diapers out there have snaps, but I don't really know how to put snaps on something and I think it would be hard to get them to line up and get a good fit. Here is a picture of my first diaper with the clearance fabric. It's not very masculine, but it's just a diaper after all.

No comments: