Monday, March 3, 2008

How long does it take to make a diaper?

I originally started this blog because my husband said someone might find some of this information helpful, and I like sharing information. I'm so excited because there have been a couple comments posted that lead me to believe that someone may have found something on my blog useful in their own quest for making cloth diapers.

One person asked how long it takes to make a diaper. I have to admit that I'm not sure I've ever gotten to sit down and make one from start to finish without interruptions, but it doesn't take very long. I'd say maybe a half an hour per diaper. Actually, I usually cut fabric for several diapers at once and then I may sew together the soaker layers for several soakers, so I'm not usually working on just one diaper at a time, but it goes pretty quickly especially once you've done a couple.

Another thing the blog has done is to provide a way for people to provide me with helpful information. Someone posted a comment saying that windpro is a brand name and the fleece I should look for in the store is alpine fleece or anti pill fleece. Thanks! Very helpful.

No comments: